BridgePro Engineering has been engaged by MMG Australia Limited to design and fabricate 2No. steel bridges in accordance with AS 5100. One 40 and one 30m, both single spans over Stitt River and Rosebery Creek respectively. These bridges are to carry a tailing pipeline from the mine-site to a new tailings storage facility at Rosebery. The bridge was required to support 8 different piping schedules and maintenance platform for regular servicing.
Works progressed on-time despite the challenges/difficulties such as working on the vertical cliff – 15m drop to water, working on limited space with high voltage power lines.
- Project: Rosebery Mine Bridges
- Client: MMG
- Client Contact:
- Project Value: $825 000
- Contract Mechanism: Design and Construct, AS 5100
- Key Personel: Aaron Brimfield, Ed Millinson, Duc Trinh, Ray de Haan, Nam Do
- Start Date: March 2017
- Date for Practical Completion: August 2018
- Original Contract Period:
- Design Engineers: BridgePro Engineering, Ptt & Sherry
- Concept and design by BridgePro
- Shop drawing and Fabrication by BridgePro
- Designed to be disassembled allowing galvanising in Melbourne.
- Removal of old bridges and installation of new by BridgePro
Relevance to B3, R2 Prequalification Categories
- Design management
- Complex steel ‘girder’ bridge